Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cool Breeze, Hot Air

I started my pediatric externship on Monday, but I'll get to that later in the next post. This post is devoted to 2 other (shorter) topics.
-----
I haven't talked to Jay (Online Guy #1) in a long time. Well, we webcammed a couple weeks ago so I could tell him some answers to his homework. -_- Lame. I tried to not overtly give him the answers, as he has to learn to be a nurse somehow! Anyway, other than that, we've barely chatted. Eh.

In contrast, I've been chatting with Drew (Online Guy #2) fairly regularly the last month or so. Alas, all of our convos have been rather short, as I seem to catch him at bad times (this seems to be a recurrent issue). He's been having a rough time these last 2-3 months.

He broke up with his boyfriend (which I didn't know about when I first contacted him). They ended on really bad terms. And he's been dealing with that break-up, being depressed, overly busy, and all that. I haven't pressed anything and have just generally taken a step back and gave him some space. I don't think he's in a spot to think about a relationship at this point . . . maybe soon, who knows.

We have had some pretty good convos though, I think. Chatted about music and composing. Traded composition clips, lol. I think several of our interests/personality quirks overlap, which is good. But here I am, stuck (again). I don't know how to proceed. I don't know if I should. I don't know what to do . . .

Perhaps I should give up on the whole "relationship" thing again, as I obviously don't know what I'm doing or getting myself into. Perhaps I should just things cool and let the breeze take me where it wants. Perhaps I should give up on him - as it seems to be going nowhere. If it is nowhere (which is likely), then it's nowhere. It's a rather lonely summer. :-/
-----
On a completely unrelated topic, my parents called a few days ago. So, my brother got into med school here (good for him). Since my mom's out of a job and my dad doesn't make that much, they want my brother to move in with me and my roommate.

Neither my brother nor I am thrilled at that prospect. We could easily get on each other's nerves pretty quickly. After some debating, I reluctantly relented (as did my brother), so we're compromising and just gritting our teeth and dealing with it. But I think my parents are pushing their luck too far. See, they also want my brother and me to share a bedroom - which we both adamantly refuse.

My roommate and I had agreed to convert a good chunk of the living/dining room into a psuedo-bedroom (since neither of us use that space much at all). My brother's fine with this arrangement (again, not thrilled, but better than sharing a bedroom together). Unfortunately, my parents refuse to this agreement. It's just ridiculous! Their reasoning is simply, "You're brothers - you have to share a room since it's so large." -_-

My ears are still blowing off hot air. My brother and I are really pissed at this. What'll probably end up happening is just us both banding together and putting our feet down. They can corner one of us, but not both of us at the same time.

*Rage-vents*

Right now, both my brother and I (ideally) hope he miraculously gets off the wait-list at another med school in the next month or so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you out to your brother?

Mike said...

I would fight it like you are to not share a room. Been there, done that, and it is not fun.

Aek said...

Anonymous: No.

Mike: Yeah, that's what we're both going to do, I'm sure.

Biki Honko said...

I'm sorry to hear that things have gotten to the point of Jay using you as a walking, talking text book...sigh. Drew sounds like he meshes with you quite nicely, but the whole drama thing could get kinda messy.

If your brother ends up at your apartment, just do the sly teenage thing, nod and agree with the parental units, yes, yes, we got over our silly little we don't wanna share a room thing....and as soon as they are out of sight, start converting that unused room into his bedroom. I mean really, how often do they come by? There is no way you two should be sharing a room, if you two are both uncomfortable with it. You've both been apart from each other long enough that it would feel weird sharing a room.

I want to hear how the externship is going. I'm sure that you have had many interesting days.