Monday, October 22, 2007

Funny Stuff

So, it's late and I'm too tired to write a longer post (will do so tomorrow). In consolation, here are a couple funny vids from YouTube.

1. Pachelbel Rant
As pretty much all cellists agree, Pachelbel's Canon in D Major is the worst piece EVER. Cellists HATE playing that piece with the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. Okay, maybe not quite that intense, but you get the idea. Here's a rant about Pachelbel by a comedian, and it's fairly accurate.


2. Male Restroom Etiquette
JW-F showed me this vid yesterday. It's quite funny, and it's kind of true. Yeah, it's an exaggeration, but if one stops to think about it, it really is kind of true.


3. JK Rowling Outs Dumbledore as Gay
This is an interesting development. The title pretty much says it all, and the BBC link below has the article. Personally, I always tended to think of Dumbledore as pretty asexual. Regardless of his sexual orientation, he kicks major ass anyway. I think my favorite Harry Potter character is Neville Longbottom, particularly as the series goes on. He should get some serious props by the 7th book.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7053982.stm

1 comment:

Cody said...

Both of those videos were awesome.

P.S. Basket Case (on of the songs sung in the 1st video) is one of my all-time favorite songs. Hence me going to listen to it now.