Thursday, February 21, 2008

There Goes Another One

And my roommate, AW-M, makes three . . . that is, the number of people I know who are or are going to get engaged. I asked him whether or not he was doing anything interesting over Spring Break in a couple days, and he said, "Well, I might go buy an engagement ring."

Everyone's getting married but me! Actually, I don't really care. It's just that, it must be nice to have loved someone like that since high school and can now commit fully. It's not something I've ever experienced, and I'm a little envious as a result.
-----
On a completely different note, I've come to realize that a career as a physician is truly what I want. I mean I knew that before, but applying to public health right now only accentuates that fact. I'm sure I'd like public health too, just nowhere near as much, I think. I also don't really notice this, but I tend to spout biological/medical stuff at times (depending on the subject).

God, just let me get into med school already!

Oh, and my other roommate, DvF-M, got into grad school for math. In Louisiana. He's going to HATE it there, haha. According to JW-M, he didn't tell me directly because he thought it'd upset me. And it does. I'm a far better student than him; I actually care about learning and working hard. I actually go to class on time. He just sits there and watches anime all day (that's not an exaggeration).

If I'd have known that getting into grad school were so easy, I'd have taken the GREs and applied months ago. And then I'd at least have a backup, even if I wouldn't enjoy it that much. Life's unfair sometimes. Sigh.

No comments: