Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Inspired

I finished my last final exam yesterday! That's a good feeling - the last final of my undergraduate career. I'm pretty sure I did pretty well on it too, so I should get an A in that class. I'm having a somewhat rough time believing that in a few days, it'll be graduation and many of my friends will be leaving very soon thereafter. That's rather sad. There's always the reunion . . .

Anyway, after my exam I went to where JW-M works and just watched an episode of Top Chef, haha. I was inspired to cook something "real." So when I went back to my apartment, I cooked a side of "herbed" fried rice. Basically, fried rice with the requisite white rice, scrambled egg, mixed vegetables, and soy sauce. To that, I also added garlic powder, black pepper, and parsley.

The main dish was a kind of new pork based off of a pork dish I'd made before. Basically, marinate the pork in soy sauce, rice wine, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme overnight. Those flavors soak in rather nicely. Next day, chop up a little ginger and a whole onion. Saute the ginger briefly in a wok (or pan, but I use a wok because that's all I have) then add the pork. Cook the pork evenly on both sides, add in the remaining marinade. Then add the chopped onions. Saute the onions around a bit. Add a little chipotle ranch dressing and ketchup, mix it around, and it creates a nice saucy glaze on the onions.

Then serve and eat. Mmm . . . it actually made my pork taste a little like steak. The oils and fats drain rather well on a plate, so it stays put and not on your pork or onions. Pork was rather tender too, so that's good. So that's my recipe. I don't measure out exact amounts, only what "looks" to be right, haha.

---TANGENT---
So I was browsing the news yesterday, and I came across an article about how masturbation reduces prostate cancer risk. Well, I suppose I'll get on that (and I'll enjoy it too, haha).

Also, when I was looking at my 100th Post post about 2 days ago, Blogger did something weird where it erased everything partway through #34 on my list. Grrr. I've since gone back and re-entered #35 to #100, but I couldn't remember all that I wrote the first time. So some of them are new, many are repeats from the first time, and those are almost certainly out-of-order.

If you have time, you're welcome to go back and read what new random stuff I added, haha.
---END TANGENT---

1 comment:

SCalRF said...

Congrats! Welcome to post-grad life.