Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sun!

It's warm! Like, I can wear a T-shirt outside without being cold warm. It was around 65-degrees F today. Weather and sun like this makes me happy, no matter how crappy things actually are. But today was pretty good anyway.

First, I ran about 3 miles outside with RZ-F. Again, it was SO nice out today. I've NEVER ran that much in a day before, let alone in a single bout. That was epic. It was like 85+% running, and the remaining walking as we walked across streets and such. I actually somehow managed to keep up with her (she runs about 7 miles a day), so I was proud of myself for that. I had also somehow managed to gain like 5-7 lbs in the last 2 weeks (crappiest weeks of the semester) from eating out a lot. This run ought to have made a dent in that gain.

Next, I got on the waitlist at MCW! I don't think I've ever been so happy to be placed on a waitlist. Now, to send them a letter of intent/interest because this med school is currently my top choice. As a side consequence of this, my parents have actually been rather nice today when they called. That's a nice change; they also seem optimistic as opposed to oppressively pessimistic.

Things are starting to look up. Hopefully this continues and I'll get into public health and med school.

1 comment:

Rambunctious WhipperSnapper said...

I'm sure good things are headed your way ..... remember what the fortune cookie said? :P